For those of us who are always on the go, it’s not easy or practical to keep tons of makeup in your purse or school bag for touchups. That’s why I compiled a list of essentials that any girl on the go should keep in her bag for touchups throughout the day. I must admit that I am a bit of an over packer so this post was a slight challenge, but I think I did an okay job. Enjoy!
1. A small makeup bag that will hold everything you need to touch up.
2. Lip Balm (My favorite at the moment is by Nivia)
3. Mini sample size mascara (You can sometimes get these when you hit 100 points with your Sephora Beauty Insider Card)
4. Pressed Powder compact / Oil Blotting sheets (you can definitely pack both, but I usually go with powder)
5. A nude or natural colored lipstick/gloss and a brighter shade for an unexpected night out.
6. Small eyeshadow quad of neutral colors (optional)
7. Concealer for blemishes (A squeeze tube or lip gloss-like tube with a wand may be a bit more sanitary than a pot.)
8. Eyeliner (Try to find a double ended eyeliner so you can bring two colors and save space, or once again get a mini size)
9. Mirror (Usually powders or eyeshadows have mirrors with them, so you might not have to pack a separate one.)
10. Lady products (tampon, pad, Motrin)
1. Try to look for multitasking products like a color stick that you can use on your eyes, lips, and face. I know that NARS and ELF make some good ones in different colors. If you want to opt for an even simpler alternative, you can definitely use your lipstick as a cream blush, but I wouldn’t use it as an eyeshadow.
2. If you don’t want to carry around an eyeshadow quad, you can definitely just cary a small shimmery nude colored eyeshadow and amp up your look with an eyeliner if you go out.
3. If you’re prone to doing your makeup on the go, you might want to invest in some inexpensive travel sized brushes to make the application process easier.
4. Definitely look through the travel section of Sephora or Ulta to see if there are any mini versions of your favorite beauty items. This way you don’t have to give up your favorites for the sake of space. I was able to find a Tarte blush and bronzer duo in Ulta’s mini section that I use when I go on vacation.
I hope you enjoyed this post and you found my tips helpful. Comment if you have any questions or you have some tips of your own that you want to share. Thanks for stopping by!