Since I don’t do videos, I can’t actually show you live how I do my makeup in 5 minutes, but I have compiled a list of suggestions to keep your makeup routine quick and hassle free. After the tips is a list of the products I use when I need to get out the door fast and before and after pictures of what I look like when I do my 5 minute makeup.
Some quick tips:
1. Make sure all the makeup you will be using is organized so you don’t need to waste time looking for anything.
2. Have tissues, paper towels, Q-tips and makeup remover on hand just in case something goes wrong.
3. Stick with the basics! There is no need to take the time to perfect a smokey eye or use liquid eyeliner if you’re in a rush.
4.Use multi-tasking products that can work for your eyes, lips, and cheeks.
5. Keep a mini makeup bag packed in your purse for touch ups and finish your makeup when you get where you’re going. (check out my on the go makeup essentials here)
My 5 minute makeup products
1. Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer in radiant
2. Maybelline Fit me concealer in 25 Medium
3. Revlon Nearly Naked Powder Light 020
4. Tarte bronzer in Park Ave Princess
5. Wet n Wild blush in Pearlescent Pink
6. L’Oreal Color Caress lipstick in Blushing sequin
7. Maybelline Collasal Volume mascara in glam black
1. Bdellium 769 brush (blend under eye concealer and face concealer)
2. ELF powder brush (Powder and blending)
3. Eco tools powder brush (Bronzer and Blush)
4. Eyelash curler
If I’m pressed for time, I will conceal on my eyelids and under my eyes with the two Maybelline concealers. I blend it down on to my cheeks and anywhere else I need a little coverage. Then, go over everything lightly with my Revlon Nearly Naked Powder and apply bronzer on my cheeks, temples, and lightly over the rest of my face. Then, I apply my blush to the apples of my cheeks to finish off the skin. Finally, I swipe on some mascara and lipstick and I’m out the door!
This was definitely a challenge for me because, I love doing my makeup, but I rarely have the time to do it the way I want every morning. This is just how I go about getting my makeup done quickly on days when I don’t have a ton of time to spare.
Thanks so much for stopping by and feel free to leave your comments below about how you get your makeup done in 5 minutes in the morning.