Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the states and Happy Monday to all!! I made another attempt last night at nail art, and I think it came out a tad better than it has in the past, but I’ll let you be the judge of that. I’m absolutely loving the theme of nautical prints and anchors this summer, so I thought doing nautical inspired nail art was the perfect look for memorial day weekend. Enjoy!
I found this idea on Pinterest and I thought it would be a great way to try out some nail art ideas without needing any fancy dotting tools.
To get this look:
- Print a couple different sizes of anchors on to regular printer paper. I tried to experiment with a few different colors like black, dark blue, and red. Make sure you have a ton in a few different sizes so you can figure out which size works for your nails. (Mine had to be 1%…tiny hands!)
- Cut out the image so it fits on your nail without falling off.
- Soak a napkin or cotton ball in alcohol (I used vodka) and drip it on to the nail until it has soaked through the image.
- Press down with the napkin/ cotton ball and switch between that and your finger a couple of times.
- After about 30 seconds use tweezers to gently lift the paper off.
*Note: I found that black and dark blue worked the best. I’m not sure why red didn’t transfer as well, but if you try it and it works for you let me know!
It took me a few tries to finally get the image to transfer on to my nail, but I was so happy it did. The picture above is the result of quite a few tries so it took some time and practice to get it right. Here is a link to my Pinterest account so you can check out some more beauty, fashion, and fun things that I love. Here is the link to the website where I got the directions for doing this look.
Thanks for checking out another one of my Monday Manicures! If you liked this nail look/ tutorial let me know in the comments and I will work on a few more for you!