One of my favorite makeup looks is Classic Hollywood Glamour. I just love the combination of bold cat eye liner and fire engine red lips. For this look, my inspiration was Marilyn Monroe. I hope you like my take on this classic beauty look!
As always, you want to start with a clean moisturized base. Apply your favorite primer and foundation and let’s get started!
On to the eyes!
- Start with an eye primer and apply a neutral color that is slightly lighter than your skin tone all over the lid.
- Now, using a tapered dome shaped brush apply a taupe color into the crease of the eye.
- Then using the same brush, use a slightly darker brown color to add some definition to the outer “V” and come slightly into the outer half of the crease.With a fluffy dome brush use a light skin tone color to blend the shadows toward the brown bone.
- For the liner, you can use liquid, gel, or even pencil if that’s what you’re comfortable with. I like to use a creamy pencil liner to start the color and create a rough outline of the shape I want. Then I go over the pencil with a liquid liner and flick out the edge toward the tail of my brow. I also try to get the liner as close to my inner corners as possible.
- Finally, use a pearly highlight shade on the inner corner and brow bone to make the eyes pop. I would stay away from any chunky glitter, so the eyes aren’t too overpowering. Don’t forget to put on tons of mascara and a pair of lashes for extra drama!
*Tip: Use a clean and precise liner brush or concealer brush with a small amount of primer to clean up any mistakes. This will take care of the mistake without dissolving the makeup underneath.
Don’t forget the brows!
Many times people overlook the eyebrows, like I do, but they really do wonders to frame your face. There are a ton of brow powders, pencils, and gels out there that will give you wonderfully sculpted eyebrows, so pick up your favorite and fill them in just in the areas they seem a bit sparse. Be sure to use a color that is a shade or two lighter than your natural hair color. I don’t recommend using black because it can be much too dark on any skin tone. Once you’ve filled in your brows, be sure to use a gel to keep them in place. I love using the brow gel by ELF.
Now that we’ve given the face makeup time to set, make sure you are happy with the way the skin looks, and set any areas that are shiny with powder.Choose a light peachy blush and apply it lightly to the apples of the cheeks and sweep it back. Make sure the skin looks glowing and even, but keep it natural because the eyes and lips are the center of attention.
Lips make it happen!
For the lips, make sure they are also moisturized and smooth. Choose a red lip liner that best matches the lipstick you will be using. Lightly line and fill your lips in with the liner. This will help the lipstick adhere to the lips better. Apply the lipstick to the center of your mouth and blend it over the liner with a brush to get the most even coverage. If you don’t have a brush, your fingers are perfectly fine. To clean up, use a precise concealer brush and a creamy concealer to line the outside of the lips and blend well.
Pack your lipstick and some concealer in your purse and have an amazing night at prom!