Usually I’m writing posts on the train to and from work, so I haven’t had much time to sit down at the computer and nominate my lovely fellow bloggers for the Liebster award. I finally have some downtime, so here are my nominees for the award: (Drumroll Please!)
- Beauty and lifestyle of a broke college girl
- Strand Style
- Your Classy Face
- Jaqlyn in Wonderland
- Being Fearless
- Thirteenth and Hudson
- Casey’s Corner
- Ship shape and bristol fashion
- Bianca’s Beauty Book
- Playing with fashion
I wish I could’ve nominated more and some that I wanted to nominate have already been nominated. Overall, the blogging community here on wordpress is phenomenal. Everyone is so encouraging and supportive and I’m so happy that I can pass that along. Be sure to click on the blogs I nominated to check out their sites and follow them if you aren’t already doing so!
Now on to the next task…
11 Interesting facts about Paige 🙂
- I was a high school cheerleader and I made the varsity team by the end of my freshman year
- I love Star Trek and almost anything Sci Fi.
- My favorite food of the moment is Pad Thai.
- I’m really frugal when it comes to buying things for myself, but I won’t think twice about friends and family.
- I love to draw portraits of people.
- I’ve just recently taken a liking to pink, a color I swore off for most of my teen years.
- I trip on flat surfaces and am always carrying much more than I should.
- I love Jack Links beef jerky.
- One of my favorite books when I was younger was The Giver by Lois Lowry.
- I wish I could sing, but I can dance so I guess that’s a good trade off.
- I’m super close with my insane family that I love oodles and noodles.
And the next…
11 Questions from Mary or contrarymom
Q. Why did you start blogging?
A. I started pagebypaigebeauty for a number of reasons. First, I was inspired to connect with people who share my passion for makeup, beauty, and life. I’m also a busy college student who needed to find a healthy outlet for my stress, and writing has always been something I enjoy. Finally, I remember how lost and confused I was when I was just learning about makeup and beauty products. I hope that my reviews and tutorials can spare some girls the awkward moments I had trying to figure out what in the world to do with an eyelash curler, which at the time resembled something of a guillotine for your eyes.
Q. Which is your best blog?
A. I’m not quite sure what this question is referring to, but I think it may be in terms of my posts. I am quite critical of myself, but I think I’m most proud of the blog posts that I have nice pictures for because I haven’t invested in a good quality camera yet and when I am able to take a nice picture with my iphone, it usually makes my day. I am curious though to see what you guys think is my best post!
Q. What is your favorite late night show?
A. I’m definitely a sucker for Investigation Discovery’s Who the (bleep) did I marry? and their other murder mystery shows. Sometimes they do creep me out to the point that I end up running, like a bat out of hell, into my room when the lights are off, in fear of a pycho killer knocking at my door.
Q.What was your worst job?
A. I can’t sell anything. I am not a sales person and I don’t think I have what it takes to be one. I was a front desk girl at a gym and while I was good at interacting with people, I couldn’t find it in me to sell them products that I didn’t believe whole-heartedly in. I’m not saying that all sales jobs mean lying to people or pushing products, but I don’t think I have the talent for it. I definitely give credit to people who are able to sell and can get anyone to buy anything.
Q. Your house is on fire! You can only grab three things, what are they?
A. I’m assuming my family and dog have gotten out safely. I would grab the last letter my grandfather wrote to my mom before he passed, my old family photos, and wallet.
Q. What do you admire most about yourself?
A. I always find these questions so awkward, but I guess they’re quite nice because I know a lot of us rarely take the time to appreciate our best traits. I think that my willingness to do anything to help others is a trait that I’m very grateful for. I will honestly go to the ends of the earth for the people I know and love, and even if I don’t know you. If I know that you need help and I can help you in any way, you bet I’ll be right there.
Q. What is something you learned recently?
A. Recently I learned that I’m really not as bad as I thought I was at speaking Cantonese. I also learned a few Chinese characters.
Q. What do you want to learn?
A. I love languages and I would love to learn Arabic, Italian, and Mandarin, just to name a few.
Q. Do you have any siblings? Do you think your birth order has had any effect on your personality?
A.I have a younger sister and I definitely think my birth order has helped shape my personality. I’m definitely a “Type A” kind of person because I like to be in control of the situation. I try to keep myself in check though because I know how nit-picky I can get.
Q. What are you most passionate about?
A. I am most passionate about helping people and making a positive difference in the lives in as many people as possible. I know this is a common and fairly vague goal, but I’ve realized that I enjoy being the person people can come to with their problems and feel safe and confident that I will do all that I can to help them. I believe that much of who you are is built by the interactions you have with people on a daily basis. Having a degree is a great accomplishment, but it’s really what you seek to do with your skills that I feel matters. I’m specifically passionate about empowering women and young girls to become the best version of themselves that they can be, and believe that no matter how small, any positive difference in the world is significant.
Q. What would you do if you won the lottery?
A. If I won the lottery, I would have my parents retire and tell them to live their lives however they please on the money I won. My parents have done so much for me that I can’t think of a better way pay it forward than to give them the opportunity to retire early and enjoy their lives.
Now my questions for you!
- Why did you start blogging and what do you want to get out of your blog?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What is our biggest beauty/ fashion related pet peeve?
- What is one unique physical trait that you like about yourself?
- What’s the most recent event that you think has really impacted your life? It can be good or bad.
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What’s your favorite joke to tell?
- How many pets do you, or have you owned?
- What is the most adventurous thing you want to, or have done?
- Do you have a phobia? What is it?
- What is a goal that you have achieved recently? Big or small, serious or silly!
Thank you so much again to Mary, from contrarymom, for nominating me and congratulations to everyone who has been nominated for this award, including all of my nominees. I hope you all accept and display the Liebster award emblem proudly on your blogs because you deserve it! I would absolutely love to read all about your eleven interesting facts and your answers to my questions. Thanks again everyone!