I’ve noticed that a lot of my drugstore makeup purchases lately have been from Maybelline. I’m really impressed by the makeup lines they’ve been releasing recently and I have yet another rave review of a product that’s been on the market for about a year or so now. I needed a new under eye concealer because the process I had been using to conceal under my eyes wasn’t working as well as it used to, so I picked up the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. I featured this product in my July Favorites post here and it has earned a spot in my everyday makeup bin during August as well. On with the review!
- Convenient for travel (Plastic twist up tube with a sturdy clear cap).
- Easy to apply.
- A bit unsanitary because of the puff at the top, but if you are the only person who uses it and your skin is always clean, it shouldn’t be a problem. You can always take the puff off too if you want.
- Too small and not enough product. I’ve only had this product for about a month and it’s already more than half way done. On the bright side, I think I’ll pick up another one!
- This concealer is a bit thick, but the puff at the top helps to thin the product out a bit.
- It’s great for highlighting the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, chin, and middle of the forehead as well.
- It dries fast, so you should work quickly and do one eye at a time for the best results.
- It comes in 6 colors. 4 are skin tone colors and 2 are color correctors. I got the neutralizer color because I noticed that my dark circles weren’t blue or green, but more of a darker skin color than the rest of my face, so the yellow corrector helps to neutralize the dark shadows. The other corrector is a Brightener, which has a pink tint. That color will help to correct the blue/green/purple/ under eye circles some people have.
How I use it:
- I usually apply this after my foundation and before my eye makeup, unless I’m using tons of color or dark shadows. In that case, I do it after so I don’t need to worry about messing it up.
- I swipe it under my eyes from my inner corner to the outer corner. I also make sure to draw a line of concealer on top of my cheekbones and some in a “V” shape under my eyes to highlight the area.
- I blend the concealer out with either a damp beauty blender or my Bdellium pointed foundation brush. Lately, I’ve been using my pointed foundation brush because it doesn’t seem to absorb as much of the product as my beauty blender does.
- I swipe a bit of concealer down the bridge of my nose, the middle of my forehead, and my chin.
- I really like this concealer because it helps to brighten under my eyes and make my under eye circles much less visible.
- I definitely recommend trying it out!
That’s all for today’s review! Thanks for stopping by and come again!