Hello lovelies! I love all the gorgeous Halloween inspired looks that other bloggers and youtubers have created, but I’m not so great with recreating characters or doing special effects makeup, so I figured I would share a Halloween Inspired makeup look that incorporates festive orange and black colors in a more wearable way.
What do you think?
To achieve this look, I used…
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Wet n Wild Fergie Collection: Desert Festival Eyeshadow Palette
NYX Love in Paris Merci Beaucoup Palette
NYX Slide on Glide on Pencil in Black
L’Oreal Linear Intense Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara in Glam Black
Let’s get Halloween ready!
- Apply your favorite primer all over your eyelids.
- Use a fluffy blending brush and a mid-tone brown shade as a transition color in the crease.
- Pick up the burnt orange color from the Wet n Wild palette with a flat stiff brush and apply it just under the crease, all over the lid, in a patting motion. (You can wet the brush slightly for a more intense color.)
- Flip the same flat stiff brush over and apply the shimmery golden color from the Wet n Wild palette right on top of the orange. Also apply the shimmery golden color as an inner corner highlight.
- Using a smaller crease brush, for a more precise application, pick up a deep brown shadow from the NYX palette and create a “v” shape on the outer corner of the eye that connects into the crease. Work this color into the crease, and build it up to your desired intensity.
- Using the same smaller crease brush, pick up a small amount of the matte grey color from the Wet n Wild palette and apply it to the outer corner to intensify the look. Keep the color on the very outer corner in a “v” shape.
- Using a square shaped liner brush pick up some of the burnt orange color and shimmery golden color from the Wet n Wild palette and apply it to the entire lower lash line.
- Using the same brush, pick up the same deep brown shade from the NYX palette that you used in the crease, and mix it with the matte grey shade and apply it to the outer half of the lower lash line.
- Use the NYX black eyeliner to line your upper and lower waterline as well as your top lash line.
- Go over your top lash line with the L’Oreal liquid eyeliner and create a subtle flick at the edge of the eye.
- Use the satin pale beige color from the NYX palette and a clean blending brush to blend out any harsh lines around the shadow, and highlight under the brow bone.
Now you’re Halloween Ready!
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and that you have a safe and fun Halloween! Thanks for reading and, be sure to enter my giveaway here, you only have until November 1st, 2013 at 11:59pm (Eastern Time) to enter the giveaway. The rules are super easy and I wish you all good luck!