Hello lovelies! I’m back with a New Years Eve makeup look that I thought would be a great alternative to the classic silver and black combination. I decided to switch out black for a gorgeous navy eyeshadow that I picked up at Sephora about a month ago, and I really liked how it came out. The colors are a bit off in the pictures, but it definitely looks blue in real life. What do you think?
What you need:
White cream base (I used Milk by NYX.)
Chunky Silver eyeshadow and or Silver Pigment
Navy Eyeshadow (I used Sailor Kiss by Sephora.)
Matte Light Brown eyeshadow
Matte Grey eyeshadow
Matte Black eyeshadow
Black liquid eyeliner or Gel eyeliner
Black pencil eyeliner
Let’s jump right in!
- Prime your eyelids and apply a layer of white cream base. Blend it out all over the lid and brow bone.
- Using a flat shader brush pat on the white eyeshadow all over the eyelid.
- Apply the matte light brown eyeshadow just above the crease with a fluffy brush as a transition shade.
- Next apply a matte grey eyeshadow with a smaller precision crease brush right through the crease of the eye.
- Dip the tip of a flat eyeshadow brush in the navy eyeshadow and place it right on top of the grey eyeshadow in the crease from the outer part of the eye into the inner corner. Also be sure to draw a line that extends from the bottom lash line to the outer corner. You should be left with a cut crease look.
- Next use the small precision crease brush to blend the navy eyeshadow in the outer corner of the eye to create an extended cat eye look. Continue to blend into the crease to diffuse the color.
- Now use the other side of the flat shader brush and apply a chunky silver eyeshadow to the entire eye lid and inner corner right under the crease. Pack on the color until you like how it looks.
- Retouch the navy eyeshadow with the small precision crease brush and apply a bit of black eyeshadow mixed with the navy in the outer corners to add some more dimension.
- Apply a thin line of black liquid eyeliner and line your upper and lower waterlines with a black eyeliner pencil.
- Using an angled eyeliner brush, run some of the navy shadow under the black eyeliner on the lower lash line.
- Add a bit more sparkle right in the lower inner corners of your eyes with the chunky silver eyeshadow.
- Finally, load up on some mascara and false lashes, if you want, and you’re all set to ring in the new year!
I hope you enjoyed this look and I would love to see pictures if you recreate it, so be sure to leave me a link to your blog or tag me on instagram @pagebypaigebeauty. I’ll be back with one more glamorous look for you before I head off to ring in the new year, so stay tuned!