I’m back with another Valentine’s Day look today. I decided to create a subtle smokey eye with a pop of pink on the lid. I don’t usually wear bright pinks on my eyes, but really like how it came out! Hope you do too!
What I used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Brown eyeliner pencil
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface (Baby doll pink blush)
Pink glitter eyeshadow or pigment
Matte brown eyeshadow
MAC Viva Glam 3 lipstick (Nude lipstick)
Get the look:
- Apply eyeshadow primer and a thin layer of white base. Layer the white base on gradually until you get a slightly opaque white color all over the lid. Be sure to blend and sheer out the color up to the brow bone.
- Using a flat shader brush, apply a bright pink blush color all over the eyelid, staying underneath the crease. Build up the color to your desired intensity.
- Use a crease brush and a matte brow eyeshadow to add definition to the crease.
- Apply the grey eyeshadow to the outer “v” and blend it into the brown crease color. Build up the color in the outer “v” to you desired intensity. Be sure to smoke out the grey slightly along the outer half of the lash line.
- Line the upper lash line, waterline, and lower lash line with brown eyeliner.
- Mix the brown and grey eyeshadows with an angled brush and apply it to the outer half of the lower lash line.
- Use a flat brush to pack on a pink glitter eyeshadow or pigment to the lid of the eye.
- Clean up any stray glitter in the crease or outer “v” with a fluffy brush, and touch up the grey and brown if needed.
Face and Lips:
- I used the same pink blush that I used on my eyes, on my cheeks. I find that this method is a great way to get more use out of products and it also ties makeup looks together really nicely as well.
- Apply your nude lipstick and some gloss if you want, and you’re all set!
As always, make sure your eyebrows are filled in and neat looking. They can really make or break a makeup look!
That’s all for this Valentine’s Day makeup look! I hope you liked it and that you have a great Valentine’s Day this year. Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you all next time! 🙂